Re: Issue with ignoring case on memberUid

On 06/05/2018 03:10 PM, arun wrote:
> We are trying to use email IDs on memberUid attribute for groups and
> memberUid is not allowing case insensitive search for characters after
> @. We modified schema to ignore case but it's not working.

1. Do not modify the schema shipped with OpenLDAP.

2. Be warned that, depending on your local site configuration, this can
be a can of worms.

> Please let us know how do we use memberUid with case-insensitive characters.
> Ex: Abc.efh@Dummy.com is the memberUid attribute
>       Ignore case search for ABC.efh@dummy.com
> <mailto:ABC.efh@dummy.com> doesn't work.

Can you configure your client system to use a filter with matching rule
like this?

(memberUid:caseIgnoreIA5Match:=ABC.efh)

Ciao, Michael.