Re: LDAPS Support

On 06/05/2018 04:36 AM, web@tomjay.co.uk wrote:
> I'm under the impression that LDAPS (and not StartTLS) has been
> depreciated in OpenLDAP, but I can't find anything on the OpenLDAP
> website that says this. Is this the case, and is there a reference for it?

The "LDAPS is deprecated" is rather obsolete.
It was caused by lack of formal specification for LDAPS.

Personally I was always against this position. It simply works anyway.
And any directory server vendor dropping support for LDAPS would be
seriously punished by its customer base.

See also the discussion I've started a couple of months ago:

https://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201802/msg00004.html

Ciao, Michael.