RE: .so version numbers for dlopen'd objects

Unless I'm missing something, this documentation doesn't mention any
extensions :). So technically it allows for arbitrarily named modules ;).

In any case, that's a bit of a tangent; what do you think about the main
question, no longer including the so version number in the installed
modules? So:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 henson henson     811 May 22 18:41 accesslog.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 henson henson  151064 May 22 18:41 accesslog.so

Just the la and so with no additional so symbolic links?