RE: .so version numbers for dlopen'd objects

At Tue, 22 May 2018 18:16:24 -0700 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

> [...]

It is the "standard" thing to do for a "shared module" (as opposed to a
"shared library"). "Shared module" == something to be only ever opened with
dlopen, while "shared library" is something a program is linked against (eg
with ld, and then loaded when a process is launched and "linked" with the
program loader (ld-so, et. al.).

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
heller@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services