Schema for a sql->ldap server

I wonder if anyone can offer some tips on how the ldap schema should
look for the setup below.

The docs for how to use openldap's sql backend are good; it is only the
schema I'm unsure of.

The data currently resides in a sql db, and some users have devices
which can access data via ldap.

One table has data similar to what would work for inetOrgPerson,
except that email addresses and inet domains are not guaranteed.

Another table has data specific to each device; we'd want the devices to
use that name/pw tuple to access the ldap data.  Not the person-specific
name/pw tuple.

The end-users will primarily be interested in contact details for people
from the first table.

Also, the sql covers multiple customers, and each device should only see
the data from the customer with which it is associated.

Generating a dn for each company is the first issue.

Does it work to just use the company name w/o any hierarchy?

I presume that the device's will also need a dn, to use their name/pw
tuples for access, yes?  I'm also unsure how to define those DNs.

Is there any good references for doing ldap w/o using internet concepts
for the naming?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6