Re: OpenLDAP & Mysql backend

Am Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:54:52 +0200
schrieb Arianna Milazzo <arianna@ariannamicrochip.it>:

> Hello!
> I already read the docs.
> I did as described in the documentation that I found here:
> https://github.com/openldap/openldap/tree/master/servers/slapd/back-sql/docs
> and here:
> https://github.com/openldap/openldap/tree/master/servers/slapd/back-sql/rdbms_depend

[...]
> > Am Thu, 26 Apr 2018 18:48:00 +0200
> > schrieb Arianna Milazzo <arianna@ariannamicrochip.it>:
> >
> > > Hello!
> > > I installed openLDAP on Debian 9 with mysql backend. I followed
> > > the guide and I used example database
> > > (http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/978.html )
> > >
> > > Now, I can connect to openldap with root credential (in
> > > slapd.conf) or with a "person" present in ldap_entries, but I
> > > don't see nothing: no search result.
> > > With Apache Directory Studio I see only organization.
> > >
> > > Even it's impossible add something: ldap_add: Server is unwilling
> > > to perform (53)
> > >         additional info: operation not permitted within
> > > namingContext
> > >
> > > Please, someone can tell me why?
[...]

1. with regard to 'no search result'
   check with mysql if you can read the sql-database
   check your myODBC and unixODBC configuration,
   run slapd in debugging mode

2. with regard to 'error 53: AFAIK write operations
   can't performed.

3. provide your database sql configuration of slapd.conf

4. read slapd-sql(5) carefully

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung