Re: Migration Task from 2.3.x to 2.4.x

--On Friday, April 06, 2018 2:24 PM -0700 Periko Support <pheriko.support@gmail.com> wrote:

This is correct guys or I miss something?

I think you're missing some on configuration. It is likely that your 2.3 server used "slapd.conf" for its configuration. You will want to start with that file under the new 2.4 install, and then modify it as necessary. I.e., 2.4 has some changes to ACL processing, as documented under <http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/appendix-upgrading.html#ACLs:%20searches%20require%20privileges%20on%20the%20search%20base>

Once you have your slapd.conf updated to work with 2.4, then you can optionally choose to convert it to the dynamic configuration backend (cn=config) via slapadd.

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation