Compiling LMDB on Windows 8.1

Hi,

I'm trying to install node-lmdb[0] on Windows 8.1 (which uses node-gyp to handle LMDB compilation) but it fails with the following error:

..\dependencies\lmdb\libraries\liblmdb\mdb.c(55): error C2059: syntax error: '(' [C:\Users\Foo\Downloads\node-lmdb\node
_modules\node-lmdb\build\node-lmdb.vcxproj]

(The whole error log is available here[1]).

Looking around the git repository, there seems to be a recent change in that part of the code[2], so I manually checked out to the commit just before that change and that seemed to enable successful compilation.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Is there any documentation I can read about the correct way to compile LMDB in Windows?

Thanks,

[0] https://github.com/Venemo/node-lmdb
[1] https://pastebin.mozilla.org/9082557
[2] http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap.git;a=commit;h=e85ae1fe883b4847f07cfebc2630636d06e429c3