Re: Antw: LMDB on Ramdisk (tmpfs)

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 11:45, Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> So where do you expect a dirty buffer for a RAM filesystemn to be written? To RAM? Then obviously copying RAM to RAM is just a waste of time. My guess is that ist working as designed.

Just to give you some explanation, the idea came out because on the deployment environment
    1) there is no SDD or fast HD, and
    2) the application is using LMDB only to read

It was although possible to get lot of RAM, that’s the reason why it was decided to try this approach.

I see your point, anyway. I just though LMDB would have not noticed ;-)

Thank you
Luca