cannot fetch base DNS from replica

Hi,

previously I succeeded several times on setting up the replication, but this time I'm stuck. The only difference is that now the database is in mdb (since bdb is obsoleted). ldapsearch is able to fetch all the entries from both hosts (I've tried the replication with mirrormode and without it - same result), the numResponses: 189 is both times, but on "replica" (doesn't matter whether the mirrormode is on or off) the Apache Directory Studio is not able to browse the tree, because it says "cannot fetch Base DNs" (so it is only showing the Roor DSE), thus I'm sure there's something wrong. here are my configs (I've skipped the accesslog and ppolicy overlays since their configuration seems not to be the problem):

Host A

====

serverID 1

database        mdb
suffix          "dc=playkey,dc=net"
rootdn          "cn=webmaster,dc=playkey,dc=net"
rootpw          {SSHA}XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
directory       /var/db/openldap-data

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

syncrepl rid=001
    provider=ldap://foobar1:389
    type=refreshAndPersist
    interval=00:00:10:00
    retry="60 10 300 +"
    filter="(objectClass=*)"
    searchbase="dc=playkey,dc=net"
    attrs="*,+"
    schemachecking=off
    bindmethod=simple
    binddn="uid=proxyagent,ou=accounts,ou=enaza,dc=playkey,dc=net"
    credentials=ghjcnbvtyzvjzk.,jdm

mirrormode on

Host B

====

serverID 2

database        mdb
suffix          "dc=playkey,dc=net"
rootdn          "cn=webmaster,dc=playkey,dc=net"
rootpw          {SSHA}XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
directory       /var/db/openldap-data

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

syncrepl rid=001
    provider=ldap://foobar2:389
    type=refreshAndPersist
    interval=00:00:10:00
    retry="60 10 300 +"
    filter="(objectClass=*)"
    searchbase="dc=playkey,dc=net"
    attrs="*,+"
    schemachecking=off
    bindmethod=simple
    binddn="uid=proxyagent,ou=accounts,ou=enaza,dc=playkey,dc=net"
    credentials=ghjcnbvtyzvjzk.,jdm

mirrormode on

So, how do I investigate what's wrong with base DNs on teh host B ?

Thanks.

Eugene.