contextCSN not found on consumer!

I have recently set up a provider/consumer using OpenLDAP 2.4.40, everything appears to be working. Changes made on the provider are replicated to the consumer but when querying the contextCSN I am only able to retrieve results for the provider.

[root@prod-mail-ldap-master ~]# ldapsearch -z1 -LLLQY EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -s base -b dc=domain,dc=cp, contextCSN
dn: dc=domain,dc=com
contextCSN: 20180222075803.816626Z#000000#000#000000

[root@prod-mail-ldap-slave-1 ~]# ldapsearch -z1 -LLLQY EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -s base -b dc=domain,dc=cp, contextCSN
dn: dc=domain,dc=com

As you can see from the command outputs above when running the same commands on both provider/consumer only the provider returns the contextCSN.

Why is this happening, what do I need to do to retrieve the contextCSN from the consumer?

Regards,

Sam