Re: publisher migration or upgrade

--On Sunday, January 21, 2018 5:30 PM -0500 Scott Bickford <bic1ster@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a RHEL 6 OpenLDAP 2.4.40 publisher with three subscribers in
production of the same version.  In development i also have a RHEL 6
OpenLDAP 2.4.40 and one subscriber of the same version.

I got a RHEL 7 OpenLDAP 2.4.44 subscriber replicating in development.
I was able to load via slapadd the subscriber in about 30 minutes from an
overnight slapcat ldif.files from the publisher.

How can I upgrade the publisher without too much down time and ultimately
do the same in production?  I want to also keep the same host names.

Hi Scott,

You've left out a bit of detail (such as the backend in use) or what flags you used with slapadd (i.e., did you use -q for a quick slapadd? ) etc, so it's not easy to provide any answers to your questions.

--Quaanh

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>