Re: Using virtual IP and N-way mutlimaster mode

Clément OUDOT wrote:
>> As Clément wrote he has multiple values configured for olcServerID in
>> cn=config (aka serverID in slapd.conf). So he can't just use
>> "slapd -h ldap://"; because the parameter value -h is used by slapd to
>> determine the actual server ID to be used.
>>
>> Well, that's one of the reasons why I avoid to set multiple serverID
>> values. And of course that means that you cannot use a replicated cn=config.
>
> Does that mean that we can set MMR replication for data (not
> cn=config) with only one value in olcServerID? In this case we don't
> have the constraint to start the daemon on a dedicated LDAP URI?

Yes.

> Would we still be able to define all olcSyncrepl statements in the
> database or do we need to set only those not concerning the current
> node?

Note sure about that. Give it a try.

In my setup I'm avoiding this because

1. it's easy with ansible/puppet/name-your-favourite-config-mgmt-here

2. my monitoring check looks whether all provider replicas are reachable
and I was too lazy to sort out the local replica in the check.

Ciao, Michael.