Re: Using virtual IP and N-way mutlimaster mode

--On Monday, January 15, 2018 4:35 PM +0000 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Monday, January 15, 2018 10:05 AM +0100 Michael Ströder
<michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Well, that's one of the reasons why I avoid to set multiple serverID
values. And of course that means that you cannot use a replicated
cn=config.

Unique server IDs are required when using MMR, period.  It is not
isolated to  the cn=config replication case.

Yes, but when you're replicating cn=config you must list all serverIDs in
each config. Otherwise, you only need to set one serverID per config.
That was Michael's point.

Ah, right... multi-valued in that case (I read the "multiple serverIDs" as meaning only using a single serverID value). ;)

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>