Re: Antw: RE: [EXTERNAL] Incosistent config after schema modification

--On Monday, January 15, 2018 8:21 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> schrieb am 11.01.2018 um 16:56
in
Nachricht <5066F03FF8233B456CA521B7@[192.168.1.30]>:
--On Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:40 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

But those weights are non-standard LDIF, right?

OpenLDAP is the only directory server to implement
draft-chu-ldap-xordered-00 so far as I know.  However, there is no
standard  on how server configurations are managed, so it's rather
immaterial.

But the mechanism is independent from server management (talking about
LDIF), isn't it?

Hi Ulrich,

I'm not clear what you mean by "the mechanism". As far as I know, only OpenLDAP implements having weighted attributes, and as far as I know, only the OpenLDAP server has the concept of removing items in cn=config by weight, or of doing inserts using the weight, etc, which is something specific to the cn=config implementation in OpenLDAP.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>