Re: Using virtual IP and N-way mutlimaster mode

Jephte Clain wrote:
>> I would like to use the N-way mutlimaster mode and a virtual IP to
>> manage failover for applications. The virtual IP will be configured
>> trough keepalived.
>
> I have exactly this configuration and I didn't have to do anything
> particular
>
> ldap is started on each node with "slapd -h ldap://"; and it works

As Clément wrote he has multiple values configured for olcServerID in
cn=config (aka serverID in slapd.conf). So he can't just use
"slapd -h ldap://"; because the parameter value -h is used by slapd to
determine the actual server ID to be used.

Well, that's one of the reasons why I avoid to set multiple serverID
values. And of course that means that you cannot use a replicated cn=config.

Ciao, Michael.