Re: [Q] what is the best practice or right way to change schemas order for cn=config case?

Le jeudi 21 décembre 2017, 19:14:13 CET Zeus Panchenko a écrit :
> it is one of the causes making me to delay the switch to cn=config
> topology ... :(
>
> all scenarios described looks too artificial ... since the very
> elementary and simple operation (editing config file) becames a pain ...
>
> especially when I need to reorder schema files on many hosts ...
>
> I was sure I'm missing something in how to handle such a tasks ...

Hello,

We have a tool to help with this called ldap-schema-manager. It does not have its own repo yet you can find it here: https://gitlab.fusiondirectory.org/fusiondirectory/schema2ldif
It does not have a reorder feature yet but it’s the kind of things that could be added. It supports insertion, update, listing and erasing (emptying - removal support should be added now that openldap supports it).

Côme