Re: [Q] what is the best practice or right way to change schemas order for cn=config case?

Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de> wrote:
> > 1. to move file?
> > 2. to ldapmodify?
> >
> > for the one used to slapd.conf both of ways look weird ... :(
>
> for those cases that ldapmodify that does not work you can use slapcat
> to dump all of the cn=config database edit it and reimport using slapadd.
>
> Adding -n0 to slapadd and slapcat makes it use the cn=config database.

it is one of the causes making me to delay the switch to cn=config
topology ... :(

all scenarios described looks too artificial ... since the very
elementary and simple operation (editing config file) becames a pain ...

especially when I need to reorder schema files on many hosts ...

I was sure I'm missing something in how to handle such a tasks ...

--
Zeus V. Panchenko				jid:zeus@im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC					  GMT+2 (EET)