Re: slapd segfault in openldap 2.4.45

Scott Koch wrote:
>     We have seen 15 or so instances of this issue and in all cases the
>     last LDAP operations follow the same pattern where there is an
>     ABANDON and UNBIND, then there is a SRCH operation. See log output
>     below of full connection for the client that performs the last
>     operation.

Of course slapd should not crash but...

> <http://ldap1.example.com> slapd[26514]: conn=873638 op=2 SRCH
> base="dc=example,dc=com" scope=2 deref=0
> filter="(&(?objectClass=sudoRole)(|(!(?sudoHost=*))(?sudoHost=ALL)(?sudoHost=node1713.example.com
...the question mark before 'sudoHost' indicates that the sudo-ldap
schema is missing on this particular slapd instance (specifically
attribute type 'sudoHost' unknown).

In former times I've also experienced a provider crashing in case the
consumer did not have the same schema yet.

Ciao, Michael.