Re: [LMDB] Large transactions

Jürgen Baier wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about LMDB (I hope this is the right mailing list for such a question).

I'm running a benchmark (which is similar to my intended use case) which does not behave as I hoped. I store 1 billion key/value pairs in a single LMDB database. _In a single transaction._ The keys are MD5 hash codes from random data (16 bytes) and the value is the string "test".

The documentation about mdb_page_spill says (as far as I understand) that this function is called to prevent MDB_TXN_FULL situations. Does this mean that my transaction is simply too large to be handled efficiently by LMDB?

Yes.

--
  -- Howard Chu