Re: Is existing documentation kind of vague?

MJ J wrote:
Certainly, I will make a better list tomorrow or so and send them to
you. Generally, it relates to the areas of cn=config which are not
runtime configurable and the lack of inline ACLs being first-class
citizens.

Basically, I feel that anything which is exposed via cn=config should
not require an offline slapadd in order to take effect. These are not
really huge problems for LDAP experts, but quite challenging when
trying to train a bit less skilled people to handle operations. A
detailed list of cn=config params which can and cannot be modified
during runtime would help matters greatly, instead of the current
situation of knowledge via trial and error ;-)

The intention has always been 100% runtime modifiable. Any that aren't should be considered as bugs in 2.5.