Re: Is existing documentation kind of vague?

MJ J wrote:
> You're right, except for the fact that deploying 2 lines of new code
> into production can still be a long process ;-) The phrase comes to
> mind: If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

You're free to decide to ignore good advice.

But you have to accept that someone might point out flaws in your
solution to prevent other list readers falling into the same trap. Your
emotional reactions on-list and off-list are completely inappropriate.

With security hat on: The sum of such loose ends make out the attack
surface.

Personally even after almost 20 years with LDAP I'm a dwarf standing on
the shoulder of giants. And I'm still learning.

In particular in the context of this discussion I'm happy that others
wrote down protocol specs for improving robustness, e.g. RFC 4527 etc.
Especially since I already had to track down read-after-write issues in
replicated deployments with so-called enterprise software - which can
take days.

Ciao, Michael.