Re: Is existing documentation kind of vague?

You're right, except for the fact that deploying 2 lines of new code
into production can still be a long process ;-) The phrase comes to
mind: If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Why is this mailing list constantly used as a vehicle for people
pushing their own consulting services and products? That supports the
OP's question - keep the documentation terse, the examples weak and
focus on the consulting-ware business model.