Is existing documentation kind of vague?

Hello Everyone.

I was trying to implement uidNumber Attribute Auto-Incrementing Method
and I read http://www.rexconsulting.net/ldap-protocol-uidNumber.html .

I specifically want to point to this line here.

> Create a “uidNext” entry (objectClass: uidNext) at an specific
> location in the directory to store the incrementing value. Publish
> this location in your application programming guides as the well-
> known location for obtaining the next UID. Also publish this method
> as the required method to retrieve a next UID.

But I already know from http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/schema.htmlhttp://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch3/ that object classes are
defined  only. So the writer left out that they defined a schema and
what name the called the schema. Maybe it isn't important. What is
important is that they used object class "objectclass (
1.3.6.1.4.1.19173.2.2.2.8" to define it, but I can't find the
registration of the object identifier on https://www.ldap.com/ldap-oid-
reference or https://www.iana.org/assignments/ldap-parameters/ldap-para
meters.xhtml#ldap-parameters-3.

It makes perfect scene because it is a PRIVATE ENTERPRISE NUMBER. It
would mean that anyone outside of Rex Consulting, Inc. https://www.iana
.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers/enterprise-numbers would be using
the wrong OID and that the specific object wouldn't be listed.

> Under no circumstances should you hijack OID namespace!
- OpenLDAP Software 2.4 Administrator's Guide

That is a lot of data from a lot of different websites to string
together that information. I have a good idea how to implement
uidNumber, but I haven't seen it done and I can't do it CORRECT today
because I would have to register for a Private Enterprise Number so I
won't hijack an OID namespace and that would take up to 30 days and
there is no documented contingency plan anywhere.

We are all familiar with the the LDAP call out articles that come out
every year. All of the articles seem to come from a place of
frustration. To be fair I think call out articles are a trend with
databases.

Do you think existing documentation is kind of vague?