a question about "Assertion 'NUMKEYS(mp) > 1' failed in mdb_page_search_root()"

good afternoon;

we have seen sporadic instances of the “page search root" error:

  dydrad[20250]: [#2224] CREATE-TRANSACTION 8f9e6986-5fd4-c54b-b073-0c134552aa4a R/O => james/test2@d3102d2e-ded8-d740-8340-4b7e5608eb78 (pid=22136 tid=31865)
mdb.c:5276: Assertion 'NUMKEYS(mp) > 1' failed in mdb_page_search_root()

this happens in a situation where we are simply executing numerous requests which just clear the contents of a two-entry database and then insert two new entries.

we are using lmdb in the version 0.9.17, which i had understood from the threads in this list to be after the point when this problem was addressed.
is that true or is it expected to still be an open issue at that version?

if that version is still susceptible, what avenues are customary to upgrade to a version closer to the latest release.
we have tried to substitute 0.9.70, but it does not appear possible to do that, due to library incompatibilities, unless we unload/reload all databases.

best regards, from berlin,
---
james anderson | james@dydra.com | http://dydra.com