Re: disk write on old 2.4.9

richard lucassen wrote:
On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 11:35:40 +0100
richard lucassen <mailinglists@lucassen.org> wrote:

Is there a way to limit these disk writes? I didn't touch the standard
Ubuntu settings, except for the usual settings like SSL.

I found an old setting that seems to do the job:

shm_key     100

In that old setting it was set to 100, the man page says:

shm_key _integer_
Specify a key for a shared memory BDB environment. By default the BDB
environment uses memory  mapped  files. If a non-zero value is
specified, it will be used as the key to identify a shared memory
region that will house the environment.

Is that integer a sort of label or does it mean something else?

It means what it says - it is a shared memory key. Read the ipcs(1) manpage.

--
  -- Howard Chu