Re: [ldapmodify] multiple entries of the same attibute

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:29:23 +0200
"Ralf Mattes" <rm@mh-freiburg.de> wrote:

> > mail: user1@example.com
> > mail: user2@example.com
> > mail: user3@example.com
> >
> > Is there a way to tell ldapmodify to change just a particular entry?
>
> A change of a single value equals a delete of that value plus an add
> of the new value, doesn't it?

Yep, but ldapmodify deletes *all* "mail:" entries. If I tcpdump the
stream of a jxplorer session, I see a modify request, which consists of
indeed a delete and an add. But the "delete" has an attribute value:

+modification: 2 items
 +modification: item
   operation: delete (1)
   + modification: mail
      type: mail
     + vals: 1 item
        AttributeValue: user2@example.com
   operation: add (0)
   + modification: mail
      type: mail
     + vals: 1 item
        AttributeValue: otheruser@example.com

How do I tell ldapmodify just to delete 1 particular item with
AttributeValue=X, and not all of them?

R.

--
richard lucassen