Re: Antw: Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:31 PM +0200 Radovan Semancik <radovan.semancik@evolveum.com> wrote:

What I meant were external contributions from people outside of the core
team. And I have obviously missed (at least) one such contribution. I'm
sorry for this. My fault. And I get your point and I apologize for this
confusion.

One thing you're likely missing is that -devel is generally used for discussion of new feature requests. The ITS system (and thus the openldap-bugs list) are where discussion generally occurs for contributions related to existing features. So the -devel list is generally much lower traffic. For example, this is the archive for September (so far):

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-bugs/201709/>

I just want to point out I haven't failed to notice that all of my other
points got ignored.

I didn't think any of the rest of what you said was valid so there was nothing to address. You came in with a premise that was not based on fact. There are numerous people contributing that are not direct project team members, and they don't have issues with the contribution process.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>