Re: Antw: Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:54 AM +0200 Radovan Semancik <radovan.semancik@evolveum.com> wrote:

Regarding the pull requests and discussions: I have checked the devel
mailing list for several months and I haven't see any discussion
regarding a contribution.

Really? You must not have looked very hard then.

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201709/msg00000.html> covers some 22 contributions.

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201709/msg00003.html> discussions some contributions related to man page fixes.

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201706/msg00004.html> covers work I did to make TLS command line options for the ldap* tools

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201706/msg00006.html> is part of an ongoing discussion of allowing ldap clients to use a specific local address

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201706/msg00000.html> is a discussion about adding ldap_init_fd contribution from samba

etc.

What I see as a major problem is that there is no will. OpenLDAP project
clearly needs major improvement. But there are almost no contributors to
improve the project.

As demonstrated by the above you clearly are incorrect. I would generally suggest you withhold comment on the project until you have some clue what you're talking about.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>