Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Monday, September 18, 2017 8:11 PM +0200 Radovan Semancik <radovan.semancik@evolveum.com> wrote:

On 09/18/2017 06:27 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
git is a pretty standard tool.  Interestingly, numerous people seem to
have no issue using git to check out the source, do a git format
patch, and submit it for inclusion with the project.  You can see this
rather trivially by looking at my scratch repo where I've been
consolidating contributed patches for review and inclusion in OpenLDAP:

Yes, git is great tool and it is standard. No doubt about that. But why
there is no official OpenLDAP repo on github/gitlab?

There is: <https://github.com/openldap/openldap>

Why the people
cannot contribute by simple pull requests? It is rather simple to set up
and maintain. And it lowers the entry barrier by a huge amount. Would be
ideal for fixes in man pages.

Once you've gone to the work to do a change and commit it, there is little difference from that point of doing a pull request or a git format patch.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>