Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Monday, September 18, 2017 7:08 PM +0200 Radovan Semancik <radovan.semancik@evolveum.com> wrote:

On 09/18/2017 05:20 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
Radovan Semancik wrote:
I would ... if this was a wiki, or github-like pull request and if
there was an example of how a good result should look like. But it
does not make sense for me to spend few hours just figuring out how
to contribute documentation fix.

So you're still saying, it's fine for other people to put in the hours
to produce something you benefit from, but it's too much trouble for
you to contribute in return. And in the meantime, it's perfectly OK
for you to sit back and complain that things haven't been fixed. Got it.

I'm afraid that you haven't got the point. According to my experience
people are willing to contribute. I'm willing to contribute. Just the
barrier is too high. But the worst thing is that I feel that the barrier
could be much lower if there was a bit of will to lower it. But the will
is just not there. And I do not see why. It is not 1990s any more. There
are ways how to make cooperation easier. Why not use them?

git is a pretty standard tool. Interestingly, numerous people seem to have no issue using git to check out the source, do a git format patch, and submit it for inclusion with the project. You can see this rather trivially by looking at my scratch repo where I've been consolidating contributed patches for review and inclusion in OpenLDAP:

<https://github.com/quanah/openldap-scratch>

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>