Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Monday, September 18, 2017 7:13 PM +0200 Radovan Semancik <radovan.semancik@evolveum.com> wrote:

That's incorrect.  It's a BSD-style license, it doesn't get much more
basic than that. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses>

The point is that is may be BSD-style license. But it is not a BSD
license. I may need to run OpenLDAP license with our company lawyer to
make sure it is BSD-like and to be sure about the implications that might
be hidden there. I would not need to do that with a BSD license.
Everybody knows that one already. That's the power of standardization. It
saves time and lowers barriers.

Numerous projects have BSD-style licenses, this isn't OpenLDAP specific. So yes, you should already have a legal team, if that's necessary in your case, that's familiar with dealing with FOSS licenses, to review them.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>