Instructions for Open LDAP library?

Hi People,

I'm writing an application using Qt and wish to use the openldap library within my program to query an LDAP server. I have been searching for instructions on using the library from a client point of view but have not been successful. I tried using the man pages and I think I'm part way there but have reached an impasse on the correct way (or any way at all for that matter) to extract the results from an LDAPMessage *. I have an example search working using the command line program ldap_search, so the next thought is to look at the source for ldap_search and see what calls it makes to figure things out. This somehow seems like the wrong way to be going about things however.

Is there something equivalent for openldap to the documentation for libcurl, https://ec.haxx.se/libcurl-easyhandle.html ? If there is that would be brilliant.

I also tried searching for 3rd party howtos and tutorials and there are a few of those but invariably they use now deprecated library calls.

Regards,

-Martin

--
R A Ward Ltd. | We take the privacy of our customers seriously.
Christchurch  | All sensitive E-Mail attachments MUST be encrypted.