From: openldap-technical [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org] On
Behalf Of Ryan Tandy
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:39 PM
To: Nick Gray <nick@graysaustin.com>
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: I can't seem to find the answer to these olcAccess questions

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 04:18:20PM -0500, Nick Gray wrote:
>With this config,.shouldn't this work as well
>
>ldapsearch -x -W -D cn=Manager,dc=local,dc=bob,dc=com -b cn=config
>olcDatabase=\*

The rules on your config database are:

olcAccess: {0} to * by
dn.base="gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" manage
olcAccess: {1} to * by dn="cn=Manager,dc=local,dc=bob,dc=com" manage

The first matches everything (*), so the second is never consulted.

>My other question is where is there a reference to exactly what
>"gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" means. I
>can't seem to find one.

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/sasl.html#IPC%20(ldapi%3A%2F%2F%2F)%20Id
entity%20Format