Re: Controls answers, OID unicity

Côme Chilliet wrote:
Hello,

As some may know I’m working toward supporting controls in php-ldap.

I’m facing two questions regarding controls to help me build the API:
- Is it possible to have several controls with the same OID in a request or response? (if not it would allow me to parse the answer to a control hash with oid as keys)
-> I tried to put twice the same control with «LDAP_CONTROL_PRE_READ» and got the error "preread control: specified multiple times", but I do not know if this is specific to preread or if it’s a rule.

Not possible, no.

- Is the critical field of controls used in responses? It seems openldap server let it to false always (or I’m failing to parse it).

RFC4511 section 4.1.11 is quite explicit here - the critical field in responses is always false.

I could not find information about these subjects in RFC 2251, if there is an other RFC on this subject bringing more information do not hesitate to point me to it :-)

Côme

--
  -- Howard Chu