Re: Antw: Re: Removing Berkeley DB Log Files

We have one provider and one consumer running syncrepl.  All of our important clients are using sssd, configured to cache everything, with the consumer set as secondary ldap server.  I have verified that everything works properly in sssd if the provider goes offline.

Can I flip the provider to hdb, or mdb, and keep consumer as bdb, with syncrepl still running, then later change the consumer?

Thanks,

Douglas Duckworth, MSc, LFCS
HPC System Administrator
Scientific Computing Unit
Physiology and Biophysics
Weill Cornell Medicine
E: doug@med.cornell.edu
O: 212-746-6305
F: 212-746-8690

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:
--On Thursday, September 07, 2017 8:45 AM -0400 Douglas Duckworth
<dod2014@med.cornell.edu> wrote:

> Can't one dump the database to LDIF then make changes?  That's probably
> not going to work for Amazon or Facebook but we only have 4000 entries in
> our database.

That would be the only way to do a subtree rename with back-bdb, yes.
Again, there's no reason to use back-bdb.

back-bdb: Introduced in OpenLDAP 2.1 to replace back-ldbm
back-hdb: Introduced in OpenLDAP 2.2 to replace back-bdb
back-mdb: Introduced in OpenLDAP 2.4 to replace both back-bdb and back-hdb

If you're using back-bdb, at least move to back-hdb.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.symas.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=lb62iw4YL4RFalcE2hQUQealT9-RXrryqt9KZX2qu2s&r=2Fzhh_78OGspKQpl_e-CbhH6xUjnRkaqPFUS2wTJ2cw&m=T4QUYvunGpzAlWdSQVnXzovTYA5PPC2r_droZTewjpQ&s=OtEn0Ve3-TwnPsoq_Ujr9NKy_rbTo5XhJTn8hxcsT1Y&e=>