Removing Berkeley DB Log Files

Hi

I am running openldap-servers-2.4.40-16.el6.x86_64 cluster on Centos 6.9.  My /var/lib/ldap directory contains many 10MB log files.  /var partition rather small...

I've read they can be removed either by running "sudo db_archive -d -h /var/lib/ldap/domain" or by defining "DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE" within the file "DB_CONFIG."  That file does not presently exist whereas the db_archive command does not actually remove any of the log files.

Can I remove the old log files manually using rm?  If not should I create /var/lib/ldap/DB_CONFIG then restart slapd to make this removal automatic?

Do you have any idea why db_archive does not work or produce any helpful error to stdout?

Thanks,

Douglas Duckworth, MSc, LFCS
HPC System Administrator
Scientific Computing Unit