Re: mdb broken under OpenBSD

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 09:46:20PM +0100, Howard Chu wrote:

> Have to say, since getting nowhere discussing that feature with them, I
> personally have written off supporting it.

It's not my first choice for an enterprise ldap deployment, but I do
like it for certain network functions, and in this case I wanted to run
a mirrored openldap deployment on two redundant openbsd routers as a
password backend for radius and smtp auth...

> For the trace you're showing, you'll have to debug the slapadd invocation and
> find out why env is NULL. Also use current (2.4.45) source, at least.

2.4.44 is what's currently in their ports tree with some patches to work
(barring mdb), so I was starting lazy :). I'll move up to current code,
it will just require porting their local OS mods to the latest version.

>From my initial look, mdb_env_create() successfully sets mdb->mi_dbenv,
it's still valid in mdb_db_open(), but by the time it reaches
be->be_entry_put in slapadd() it's NULL :(. I'll keep tracing it,
thanks.