Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: back-ldap and ldaps not working

Jon C Kidder wrote:
Thanks Michael. The message is clear but the solution isn't. I think you missed the part about this exact same slapd node being a replication consumer replicating successfully using the exact same certificate/TLS setup.  Just for added validation the masters have been active for a couple years serving a very active test environment with ~100 test clients connecting via ldaps. Something appears to be hinky with the configuration processing or certificate validation processing in back-ldap.  My gut is that olcDBStartTLS isn't being converted/formatted correctly or isn't being parsed correctly and the option to set the path to the CA cert file is being ignored.

In that case you could use strace to verify whether the CA cert file is ever being opened.

--
  -- Howard Chu