Re: Q: index for operational attributes?

Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Should I really add an index for modifyTimestamp? I got "slapd[4021]: <=
> bdb_inequality_candidates: (modifyTimestamp) not indexed!" (No discussions on using
> BDB, please!)

The pure log message does not say much. It depends on the real filters used whether you
should index an attribute or not.
Hint: You can make *search* performance worse with more indexes.

Ciao, Michael.

P.S.: The log message is not helpful and e.g. with my Æ-DIR it's itself a performance hog
(see ITS#7796)