Re: LDAP Issue: Logging region out of memory; you may need to increase its size

Am Fri, 9 Jun 2017 11:27:32 +0000
schrieb Gurjot Kaur <gurjot.kaur@aricent.com>:

> Hello,
>
> On an already running setup of OpenLDAP 2.4 on Linux (Linux GURKES015
> 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 11:41:38 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64
> x86_64 GNU/Linux) platform, one day I start getting following error
> when I execute the slapcat command:
>
> bdb_db_open: warning - no DB_CONFIG file found in
> directory /opt/proxy/HostedDirectoryLDAPMultiMaster/instances/LdapServers_1/var/openldap-data:
> (2). Expect poor performance for suffix
> "dc=ORG,dc=COM".bdb(dc=ORG,dc=COM): Logging region out of memory; you
> may need to increase its size bdb_db_open: database "dc=ORG,dc=COM":
> db_open(/opt/proxy/HostedDirectoryLDAPMultiMaster/instances/LdapServers_1/var/openldap-data/id2entry.bdb)
> failed: Cannot allocate memory (12). backend_startup_one: bi_db_open
> failed! (12) slap_startup failed
>

> Following are the system RAM  and disk space usage.
Ram and disk space are irrelvant here, the configuration of a database
cache size is relevant. This should be configured in a DB_CONFIG file
within the database directory.
Your OS distribution may have provided a sample DB_CONFIG file.

> I have removed some log.xxxxx files
> from /opt/proxy/HostedDirectoryLDAPMultiMaster/instances/LdapServers_1/var/openldap-data
> which are not in use. But still the same error persist while
> executing slapcat command.

The referenced log files document the database transactions and are
vital for database operations. You may read on db_config tools and how
to manage transaction logs. For more information see

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de