From: openldap-technical [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org] On
Behalf Of Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 9:31 AM
To: Philip Colmer <philip.colmer@linaro.org>;
openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Limiting which attributes get replicated

--On Thursday, June 08, 2017 12:28 PM +0100 Philip Colmer
<philip.colmer@linaro.org> wrote:

> What happens if one of the consuming LDAP servers is then itself
> queried for an attribute that hasn't been synced? So, for example, if
> a system in a data centre connects to a local consuming LDAP server
> and asks for a jpegPhoto, that won't be on the local server, so what
> happens then?

Might be easiest to use an ACL to drop the attributes you don't want it to
replicate for the replication DN for those consumers.  As for what happens
when a client requests jpegPhoto and it doesn't exist, the same thing that
happens for any client that requests an attribute that doesn't exist -- It
won't get a result that includes that attribute.

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation