Re: Directory Sever Gateway for OpenLDAP

John Lewis wrote:
> Is there something like 389 Directory Server Gateway (389-dsgw) for
> OpenLDAP? Is there some way to borrow 389-dsgw itself and run it
> standalone and aim it at OpenLDAP?
>
> I am looking for some kind of service I can run to get a phonebook,
> orgchart, advanced search interface, and DSML gateway. Having a frontend
> like this would make it easier for people to buy into the idea of a
> directory server for things they interact with directly before
> introducing thick clients.

You can find various implementations in various programming languages. But if you have
specific needs (integrated custom UI, specific LDAP schema, organizational access
control, etc.) the quickest solution is to implement such a web app yourself. It's not
that hard.

Regarding DSML there's IMO not much use for it anyway.
Today one would rather use JSON2LDAP or a SCIM provider.
But again IMO most times these protocol bridges do not add much value.

Ciao, Michael.