Re: Client binding to a specific local address

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Thursday, May 11, 2017 6:38 PM +0000 Daniel Le <daniel.le@exfo.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the answer, however the -h <URI/URL> appears to be a server
>> (slapd) option. I'm looking for the LDAP client side which uses OpenLDAP
>> libldap and liblber libraries.
>
> You may wish to more carefully read my response (Hint: -h and -H are not the same
> thing).  You may also wish to refer to the man pages for client utilities such as
> ldapsearch, (which use the LDAP client side API).

Maybe there's a misunderstanding:

As I read it Daniel asks for setting the client's *out-going* IP address, something like
telnet -b <local-address>. Probably he's on a multi-homed host or has a more complicated
IP configuration and has to use a specific out-going address for getting his packets
accepted by the server.

Ciao, Michael.