Re: Secure replication

On 05/06/2017 02:56 AM, Real, Elizabeth (392K) wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I’m running multi-master OpenLDAP (version 2.4.40) servers and need to secure replication. Can you point me to where I can find that information? What I found online is old and does not apply to the version I’m running.
>
> The olcSyncRepl directive on both systems needs to go from:
> olcSyncRepl: rid=001 provider=ldap
> to:
> olcSyncRepl: rid=001 provider=ldaps
>
> Thank you,
> Liz

Hi,

First you'll need to generate ssl certificates and enable tls/ssl on
your services.

After it is done you can use ldaps:// uri with tls parameters to point
to the provider/consumer servers.

This is discussed in multiple places, in addition to official openldap
admin guide just google your favorite linux distribution with openldap tls.