Re: chain overlay does an anonymous bind and ignores the chain binddn (v2.4.44)

Hello,

I am testing the chain overlay from a read-only slave (consumer) slapd server to a read-write master (provider), but what I am seeing is an anonymous bind from the consumer to the provider instead of the authorization identity configurated in the chain directive.

We're also seeing the same behavior and reported a similar issue last month to this list:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201703/msg00047.html

I'm hopeful we can track down this issue as it's causing us some issues that we'll need to resolve eventually.

--
Matt Kemp
Production Engineer