Re: LMDB master branch

opensource@gmx-topmail.de wrote:
Hi there,

I am on the mdb.master branch because of MDB_VL32. We updated the LMDB code in January, and before I update to the latest commit I wanted to check with you.

Disclaimer: I am aware of being outside of the official release cycles and potential risks. On the other hand, we have a lot of unit tests, and a pretty good installation base. In that way it is also a good test for LMDB.

Now to my questions:
1) What are your rough plans with mdb.master in terms of time line and features?
   (With the 0.9.20 release being delayed, new features may pile up in mdb.master. When will they be merged?)

0.9 is not receiving any more new features. Any features not yet released are slated for 1.0.

2) Is mdb.master running on any systems you know of?

mdb.master is a development branch only.

3) Recent changes in mdb.master also include format changes for the locking file (e.g. commit "Store lock ID instead of pathname in lockfile"). What are the consequences when updating from an older version?

The lock file is ephemeral. There is a possibility of a clash if two processes linked against different versions access the same environment at the same time, otherwise there's no issue.

4) Are the formats for lock & data files considered stable?

Nothing in mdb.master is considered stable.

Thanks,
Markus

--
  -- Howard Chu