Re: Is there anything in LDAP that works similar to HTTP's virtual hosting.

John Lewis wrote:
> I am reading in the LDAP spec https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4511 about
> naming contexts and I am looking at my RootDSE.
>
> Since my DIT mirrors DNS https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2247, there must
> be some way to route someone to the correct naming context based on the
> DNS they were using to access the LDAP server, otherwise I just don't
> understand the spec.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2782

Note:

1. If you're using TLS there's AFAIK no specification how to implement the TLS hostname
check (see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6125) to prevent MITM attacks.

2. You still need a-priori configuration how the client should authenticate to the directory.

Ciao, Michael.