Re: OpenLDAP Tutorial on YouTube Channel

Hello Dieter,

At the outset, thank you so much for all encouraging words, the constructive feedback and sorry for the delay in responding to your note.

I think I should mention a disclaimer here that I am no expert on OpenLDAP. So whatever videos that I managed to make on OpenLDAP were all based on the information available from various sources on the Internet. Frankly, more than OpenLDAP official documentation, I derived benefits from third party knowledge base. So I understand fully when you say that the videos are not devoid of any flaws.

This is where I need help from the community. I'd like to make substantial contribution to the community, and that cannot happen without guidance from the experts in this forum. For the current videos, if you happen to come across any blunders that I'd have said, I could quickly fix it using annotations or other similar features in YouTube. If you think there are videos in there that can misguide the audience, I'd like to remove it and do a remake of it.

For future lessons that I'm planning such as backup , replication etc., I'd be grateful if I can get some documentation references that I could use to build the videos around.

For now, I'm using amateur techniques to record and publish the videos, but if you think this exercise is useful for community at large and that this video channel could eventually be used a semi-official OpenLDAP knowledge base, I have the bandwidth to invest in more professional looking video output.

I'd be excited to have anyone interested in the forum getting involved in this exercise whichever way possible. At the end of the day, the efforts are aimed towards helping people learn OpenLDAP in depth, gain confidence and therefore increase adaptation.

A platform such as LDAPconf would be a good one to take this initiative to the next level, so I'd consider myself lucky if I get a chance to attend the same.

Once again, thanks to each one in the forum for your kindness and encouragement. Looking forward to produce some useful content around OpenLDAP for the community.

kind regards,

--R Rajesh