Large user bases cause huge number of roleOccupant in role organizationalRole

Hello,

In a general design, we have a role, which is an object of organizationalRole. Within this role, let us say it will have more than 10 million users. Each user has a roleOccupant in the role object.

You can imagine how huge this role object can be! This will cause a big performance problem. Especially with LMDB as backend, the "add new user" will become very slow at some point; and the replication will be very difficult even we setup a delta (with accesslog and session log) replication.

From my point of view, organizationalRole is not designed for large user bases.

Or someone has a better idea?

Best regards
Hongfu

--

Hongfu Huang, Senior System Engineer
MSc in Computer Science

We're the tech in Fintech: www.adnovum.ch/fintech

AdNovum Informatik AG
Wengistrase 7, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
phone +41 44 272 6111, Direct: +41 44 270 5266
huang.hongfu@adnovum.ch
www.adnovum.ch

Locations: Zurich (HQ), Bern, Budapest, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore