[Date Prev][Date Next]
Large user bases cause huge number of roleOccupant in role organizationalRole
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Large user bases cause huge number of roleOccupant in role organizationalRole
- From: Huang Hongfu <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:40:20 +0100
- Organization: AdNovum Informatik AG
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.8.0
In a general design, we have a role, which is an object of
organizationalRole. Within this role, let us say it will have more than
10 million users. Each user has a roleOccupant in the role object.
You can imagine how huge this role object can be! This will cause a big
performance problem. Especially with LMDB as backend, the "add new user"
will become very slow at some point; and the replication will be very
difficult even we setup a delta (with accesslog and session log)
From my point of view, organizationalRole is not designed for large
Or someone has a better idea?
Hongfu Huang, Senior System Engineer
MSc in Computer Science
We're the tech in Fintech: www.adnovum.ch/fintech
AdNovum Informatik AG
Wengistrase 7, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
phone +41 44 272 6111, Direct: +41 44 270 5266
Locations: Zurich (HQ), Bern, Budapest, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore